Tel: (315) 354-5311 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Plan your FAMILY REUNION for 20-60 guests | The Vanderbilts did!
Think: when was the last time you sat together at a campfire? Family groups reconnect at Great Camp Sagamore. All meals are provided: Mom is out of the kitchen! You can request special snacks, cocktail hours, and cakes for additional charges for the celebration. We can book entertainment for songs, stories, even a square dance. You can show family videos, share albums, talk into the night in your own meeting space. Families are housed together in our lodges, each accommodating 20. Trails, canoes, and lawn games are for your use.
Think: Great Camp Sagamore where you can—
- Take a family photo on the front steps of the Main Lodge.
- Get up early and watch the sunrise together.
- Take the tour to learn about Durant and Vanderbilt history
- Cruise Raquette Lake aboard the W.W. Durant.
- Have a campfire with s’mores.
- Play a game/tournament of outdoor chess, checkers or croquet.
- Take a hike around the lake.
- Plan a family “game night” or afternoon, using the games in the main lodge.
- Get family members from different generations to share and play their favorite childhood games, indoors or outdoors:
- Red Rover
- Kick the Can
- Hide and Seek
- Starlight, Moonlight
- Check out the “Table Topic – Questions for Families” set at the office. Use these to facilitate interesting family conversations around the table.
- Have everyone bring their favorite family recipes and compile a family cookbook.
- Climb Blue Mountain together.
- Visit the Adirondack Museum and/or the Wild Center.
- Make a photo family tree on the blackboard. Figure out how everyone is related to one another…. and what a “third cousin twice removed” is.
- Share a family ritual/tradition together, eg. Sing a family grace at dinner; share a family toast; tell family stories, etc.
- Take an early morning canoe ride.
- Go visit the artists in residence in summer.
- Make a family journal recording in words and pictures each person’s experience of the reunion together. Keep it for future reunions.
- Take a nap.
- Read a good book out loud to whomever wants to listen.
- Do a jigsaw puzzle.
- Go star gazing.
- Visit the gift shop (Sagamore can also make gift bags for your family.)
- Sit on the porch in an Adirondack chair.